Meet Your PTA Board
The PTA Board has been carefully selected to represent AMES PTA members at the highest level. So come on, let's meet them!
Why Volunteer at AMES?
Each day, we rely on our volunteers to perform key duties throughout the school. Volunteers may assist teachers in the classroom, supplement the staff in specific areas such as the lunch room, media center and library.
The need for volunteers and resources in the school increases greatly as budget cuts constantly challenge our school's administration. There is no greater reward than seeing how proud your child is knowing you are an integral part of their school!
Whether you want to take on a leadership or committee chair role or can only contribute a small piece of your time, we want your help!
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
- Go to the school's main office and use the computer to fill out the VIPS form.
- Wait 2-4 weeks to be notified that your registration is approved.
- Sign in and out at that same computer each time you volunteer at the school. (Not needed for off-site volunteering)
- Print a nametag and place it on your shirt while you are volunteering at the school.
Note: Parents attending a meeting with a teacher should sign in as a visitor on the computer.
Come join us and make a difference in our school!
About AMES PTA
The AMES Parent Teacher Association is a child advocacy organization that brings families and teachers together so we can work towards improving and enriching the lives and education of students. We do this by positively impacting, supporting, and enhancing the overall learning environment at Addison Mizner. Meet this year's AMES PTA Board.
The AMES PTA works hard to:
- plan enrichment programs
- organize social activities
- raise funds for school and PTA initiatives
- create a sense of community between families, teachers, and students
We encourage you to join our PTA and get involved at the school by helping the teachers or serving as a volunteer on a committee. Research shows that taking an active role in your child's education helps him/her thrive at school and achieve higher educational standards.
AMES PTA is a member of both the Florida PTA and the National PTA. It is estimated that 6.5 million people belong to PTAs nationwide, which makes us the largest child advocacy volunteer group in the United States and a powerful voice for our children's well being.
- Making every child's potential a reality
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Some great facts about the PTA:
- The PTA has been around for over 100 years.
- There were 2,000 people at the first PTA meeting in 1897!
- The PTA helped push for more money for teachers.
- They are responsible for getting hot lunches into schools.
- They helped get mandatory immunizations required to attend.
- And they are responsible for adding physical education to the curriculum.