About AMES PTA
The AMES Parent Teacher Association is a child advocacy organization that brings families and teachers together so we can work towards improving and enriching the lives and education of students. We do this by positively impacting, supporting, and enhancing the overall learning environment at Addison Mizner. Meet this year's AMES PTA Board.
The AMES PTA works hard to:
- plan enrichment programs
- organize social activities
- raise funds for school and PTA initiatives
- create a sense of community between families, teachers, and students
We encourage you to join our PTA and get involved at the school by helping the teachers or serving as a volunteer on a committee. Research shows that taking an active role in your child's education helps him/her thrive at school and achieve higher educational standards.
AMES PTA is a member of both the Florida PTA and the National PTA. It is estimated that 6.5 million people belong to PTAs nationwide, which makes us the largest child advocacy volunteer group in the United States and a powerful voice for our children's well being.
- Making every child's potential a reality
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Some great facts about the PTA:
- The PTA has been around for over 100 years.
- There were 2,000 people at the first PTA meeting in 1897!
- The PTA helped push for more money for teachers.
- They are responsible for getting hot lunches into schools.
- They helped get mandatory immunizations required to attend.
- And they are responsible for adding physical education to the curriculum.