Addison Mizner Elementary School PTA Website
Welcome! This website was created entirely by parents of children attending AMES, an "A" rated K–5 public school in Boca Raton, Florida. We'll help you Stay Informed. If you would like to volunteer to help improve the site, or have suggestions, please contact the Website Committee.
Principal Burke's Weekly Update
December 6, 2013
- Diagnostic Testing for 5th Grade:
- Monday December 9th : Ostendorf/Dugdale , Dlugos, Smith (ESE)
- Tuesday December 10th : Tripucka/ESOL/504, Acosta, Battaglia, Dejohn
- Please make sure your child gets a good night sleep, eats breakfast, and arrives to school on time.
- Holiday Gift Drive: Please help us kick of the 12th Annual Holiday Gift Drive by donating new and unwrapped toys now through December 16th. There is a donation box in the front office. Email Ms. Holly Sanders for details at: Holly.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Desserts with Dads
Thursday, Dec. 12, 6PM: Students are invited to decorate sugar cookies and enjoy hot cocoa while watching a holiday classic, The Polar Express in the AMES cafeteria. Students can bring their dads, grandfathers, uncles or other father figures to the event.
Parent/Relative Name, Student Names, Teachers/Grades
Be a Part of the Change
This giving season, Addison Mizner PTA and student body are adopting Pine Grove Elementary School in Delray Beach. We are collecing spare change to help raise money to send their safety patrol to Washington D.C. for the first time in 5 years!!
We will be collecting spare change daily through December 13, 2013. Send your kids on a scavenger hunt to find all the spare change they can and send it in marked "Change Program".
Nominate Your Favorite Teacher
We know Addison Mizner teachers rock, so let's tell everyone! Write a letter using 150 words or less describing why your teacher rocks. Then go online with your parents to SouthFloridaParenting.com and click on the "Nominate Your Favorite Teacher" link to submit your letter.
This contest is sponsored by Joe DiMaggio Hospital and South Florida Parenting. There's one winner each month. Read more for contest prizes...they're pretty cool.