- 3-5 Principal Marlin Awards: Principal Burke will be visiting 3-5 classes and giving out her monthly Marlin Awards on Friday, 2/24/17.
- FSA Writing 2/28/17: All 4th and 5th grade students will take the FSA Writing on Tuesday 2/28/17. Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives to school on time. No volunteers will be allowed on campus during testing.
- Art Display Open House: Congratulations to several students who were selected to have their artwork displayed at the Boca Raton Community Center on Sunday, February 26th. Participating students were given an invitation by Mrs. Gartel to attend.
- Scholastic Book Fair: Book Fair will be held March 3rd-March 10th in the AMES Media Center during your child’s fine arts’ media special time. Please check with your child’ teacher as to what day and time they will be attending. Book Fair will be open during school hours only with the exception of a Monday night reading on March 6th from 6-6:30 p.m. with Ms. Cox, Mr. Wade, and Mrs. Ostendorf. Book Fair will be open that night from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Remember Tax is not included in the purchase of books.
- SAC and PTA Meetings March 6th: There will be a SAC meeting at 5 p.m. followed by a PTA Meeting at 6 p.m. Both will be held in the cafeteria this month.
- Spring Pictures: Thursday, March 9th is spring picture day for all students. Although it is still a dress code day, students can choose to wear dress up clothes or their school uniform. There is no prepaying for these pictures. Therefore, once you receive the proof, you can decide if you want to purchase the pictures. Please remember that a large portion of the picture money comes back to the school as a fundraiser
- Addison Mizner’s Golden Anniversary Auction: Addison Mizner will be holding their annual auction on Saturday, March 11th from 7-10 p.m. at the Boca Lago Country Club. This is our largest fundraiser of the year. Auction items include: Principal for the Day, Tomaso’s Pizza a week for a year, reserved parking spots, tickets to sporting events, Disney/Busch Gardens/Sea World Ticket, Family vacations, and much more! Reserve your ticket today! Tickets are 55 dollars per person through March 10th and 65 dollars at the door. Admission includes dinner + 2 drinks. Buy now at amespta.com
- Lost and Found: With the cooler temperatures, we are finding more “lost and found” items around campus. Please remember to label your child’s belongings so we can return them. We keep the items for approximately 2 weeks before donating them.
- Safety when dropping off Students in the a.m.: The crossing guards in the front of the school have noticed that many parents are dropping students off on 12th Avenue. Please be aware this is not allowed and is dangerous. Students are crossing the street outside of the crosswalk and many are almost getting hit by oncoming vehicles. Students must be dropped off in the car line in the back of the school or you must park at the church and walk your child to school. Please do not park on a side street or in the middle of the road to drop your child off. Also, do not walk “through” the parking lot. You must walk on the sidewalks. Children are walking through the parking lot with traffic. This is extremely dangerous. Please supervise your children at all times.
- Parking at the Church: Please remember that you must have purchased a parking pass to park in the church lot for this school year. The church is monitoring the passes closely and will have vehicles towed that do not have passes. Contact the church if you would like to purchase a pass.
- Save the Date: Addison Mizner is proud to be hosting our third annual St. Baldrick’s event on May 12, 2017. The shaving of our heads shows solidarity with these children. Please join us in making our third annual event a success! Our first two events raised $19,024 and $29,550 respectively. Help us reach the $40,000 goal for this year’s event. Your child does not need to shave his/her head to participate. They can simply be a volunteer and raise money as well. Please go to the website for more information. I encourage parents to take a look at the website www.stbaldricks.org to understand the mission of the St. Baldrick's organization.
- IReady Reading and Math Program: This year, Palm Beach County will be using a research based computer program to supplement instruction for both Reading and Math, entitled IReady. Teachers will share more detailed information about it at Grade Expectations. Please copy and paste the link below to watch a short video on the program. http://www.i-ready.com/diagnostic-training-video.asp#5?version=13177
Please remember that the only way to access IReady at home is through the district portal. This means you must go on to www.palmbeachschools.org and have your child sign in (top right hand side of page). This brings you to the district portal. Double click on the IReady Icon.
- *Twitter page: Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/PrincipalBurke
- PTA Website: I encourage you to join the AMES PTA.
- *Facebook page: "Like" the Addison Mizner PTA Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMESPTA/
See what is happening at AMES!
Have a great weekend,
Kelly M. Burke/Principal
Buy your yearbook online now at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com (School ID 8646517).
A great way to remember your child’s year at school. This will be an action packed yearbook filled with loads of pictures of our students at school events.
Price $25.00 for a Hardcover – online only
Dedication space is also available for sale as a separate purchase from the actual yearbook.
Deadline for dedications is March 15, 2017, unless we sell out of space before that!!
Add a picture of your child and/or write them a special message. Forms can be downloaded here, or can be found in the office.