The PE department will be starting Bike Safety for 2nd -5th grade students next week (October 25th). We are encouraging students to bring their own helmets on PE days to help prevent the spread of head lice and so we spend less time adjusting helmets and more time riding bikes. We will have hair bonnets for each child and helmets the kids can borrow if they do not have a helmet or forget theirs at home. We encourage you to practice bike riding with your children since we will be teaching bike safety until Nov 16th.
Tom Iven from the YMCA will also be with us again this year to help us teach bike safety.
- Spirit Day 10.20.16 Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month: In honor of breast cancer awareness month, students are encouraged to wear Pink to school on Thursday, October 21st.
- AMES Spirit Night at Five Guys 10.20.16: Join us on 10/20/16 anytime from 11 a.m. -9 p.m. at Five guys in Boca Raton on NW 19th St. Five guys will donate 15-25% of your purchase to AMES!
- Save the Date(s): There is a teacher in-service day on Friday, October 21st and there will be no school for students.
- Picture Retakes: Fall Picture Retakes will be on Monday, October 24th. If your child missed picture day, they will have their picture taken. Also, if you ordered pictures and were not satisfied, have your child return the package on Monday and retake his or her picture.
- Red Ribbon Week is Coming: Our annual Red Ribbon Week is coming October 24th -28th. Mrs. Seiger and Ms. Schoeller are working with their committee to have lots of fun activities. Each day will be a different theme, ending the week with our literacy dress up day on October 28th.
- Monday: Red Day: Wear Red to school
- Tuesday: State Day- “State your case against Drugs” - Students will wear shirts that represent the various states.
- Wednesday: Red, white and blue day- “Students elect to be drug free” -Students should wear red, white, and blue.
- Thursday: Assigned color day- “Team up against drugs” -Each grade level wears and assigned color: Orange K, Purple 1, Green 2, Yellow 3, Pink 4, Blue 5
- Friday: Story Book Dress up Day- Dress up like a literacy character.
- A flyer was sent home earlier this week with specific details
Dear Palm Beach School District Parents, Colleagues and Community Members,
Enclosed you will find information about an item being presented to voters on the November 8 ballot. The question asks voters to choose yes or no for a one cent penny sales tax to repair, restore or replace the infrastructures for the District, County Government and local Cities.
Our School District will receive half of all funds raised with the penny sales tax. The County Government will receive 30% of the sales tax revenue and local Cities will receive 20% of revenues raised from the penny sales tax.
Our School District capital budget - the budget we use to repair buildings, maintain technology and upgrade our security systems, service vehicles and buses - has been cut $865 million in the past eight years due primarily to the Florida Legislature's 25% reduction to local school board capital taxing authority.