- 3-5 Principal Marlin Awards: Principal Burke will be giving out her April Principal Marlin Awards to grades 3-5 on Friday, April 21st.
- FSA Testing Continues: 5th grade will complete the FSA Testing on April 24th and 25th for Math. Each session is 80 minutes. Please refer to edline for the exact dates for each grade level.
- Volunteer Appreciation Week: Volunteer Appreciation Week is April 24th -28th. Please join us for a volunteer breakfast on Friday, April 28th in the cafeteria to recognize our wonderful volunteers. There will be various performances by students.
- Everglades Angels Animal Rescue: We are collecting towels, dog/cat food, bottled water, toys, treats, leashes/collars, etc. for Everglades Angels Animal Rescue. If you would like to donate, please bring your items to Ms. Ana in the front office. Thank you for your donations.
- 2nd Grade Musical: Ms. Benson is looking for donations to be put towards costume materials for our upcoming musical. If you are able to make a donation, please visit palmbeach.schoolcashonline.com Please contact Ms. Benson if you have any questions.
- 5th Grade Science Tutoring: If you received a letter inviting your child to attend science tutoring, please drop them in the front office by 7:15 a.m.Tutoring is from 7:15-7:45 each day Monday-Thursday.
- District Art Show: Several of our students are being recognized at the district office for their art work. If your child was selected, they received a note from Ms. Gartel. Feel free to stop in the district office on Forest Hill Blvd. to see the artwork on display.
- Save the date 5th Grade Students: If your child will be attending Boca Raton Middle School, please save the date of Thursday, May 4th at 6:00 p.m. for their open house.
- Safety when dropping off Students in the a.m.: The crossing guards in the front of the school have noticed that many parents are dropping students off on 12th Avenue. Please be aware this is not allowed and is dangerous. Students are crossing the street outside of the crosswalk and many are almost getting hit by oncoming vehicles. Students must be dropped off in the car line in the back of the school or you must park at the church and walk your child to school. Please do not park on a side street or in the middle of the road to drop your child off. Also, do not walk “through” the parking lot. You must walk on the sidewalks. Children are walking through the parking lot with traffic. This is extremely dangerous. Please supervise your children at all times.
- Save the Date: Addison Mizner is proud to be hosting our third annual St. Baldrick’s event on May 12, 2017. The shaving of our heads shows solidarity with these children. Please join us in making our third annual event a success! Our first two events raised $19,024 and $29,550 respectively. Help us reach the $40,000 goal for this year’s event. Your child does not need to shave his/her head to participate. They can simply be a volunteer and raise money as well. Please go to the website for more information. I encourage parents to take a look at the website www.stbaldricks.org to understand the mission of the St. Baldrick's organization.
- IReady Reading and Math Program: This year, Palm Beach County will be using a research based computer program to supplement instruction for both Reading and Math, entitled IReady. Teachers will share more detailed information about it at Grade Expectations. Please copy and paste the link below to watch a short video on the program.
Please remember that the only way to access IReady at home is through the district portal. This means you must go on to www.palmbeachschools.org and have your child sign in (top right hand side of page). This brings you to the district portal. Double click on the IReady Icon.
*Twitter page: Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/PrincipalBurke
PTA Website: I encourage you to join the AMES PTA.
*Facebook page: "Like" the Addison Mizner PTA Facebook Page:
See what is happening at AMES!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Kelly M. Burke/Principal
Starts Friday March 10th
Registration will be from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. A Non-Refundable registration fee of $50.00 will be due at registration. The Addison Mizner Summer Camp will run for 8 weeks from Tuesday, June 6th through Friday, July 28th. Camp hours are from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. There will be NO Camp on Monday June 5th or Tuesday July 4th.
Any child 5 years old and up to and including any current 5th graders may attend the Addison Mizner Summer Camp.
The cost of the camp will be:
- Registration fee - $50.00
- One child – $1330.00 for 8 weeks
There will be an open house on Sunday June 4th from 12 – 2 in the school cafeteria.