- Family Fun Day: January 21st from 11-3 p.m. is family fun day at AMES. Information was sent home this week. Please purchase wristbands prior to the 21st for 8 dollars. Tickets are 10 dollars the day of the event. Adults are free. Please drop off cakes for the cake walk during carline in a.m. and p.m. today.
- Literacy Week: January 23rd -27th is literacy week. The goal of celebrate literacy week is to promote literacy throughout the state by raising awareness of the many exciting things happening in school districts. Please take the time to read with your child or visit a library this week. We will be doing various activities in classrooms during the week.
- Career Day: January 26th is career day. Thank you to all of the parents that volunteered to come and present. Please check with the PTA is any more help is needed.
- Upcoming Spirit Days: Friday, January 27th will be school wide positive behavior day. All students will have a “STAR” t-shirt provided to them by the beginning of next week. Please make sure your child wears it to school on Friday, January 27th. Thanks to all who voluntarily sent in a donation to help cover the cost of the shirt. February 3rd will be Super Bowl Friday. Have your child wear their favorite team jersey to school that day. Also, on Friday, February 10th, we will be having our culminating activity for Guidance Week, which is college day. Please have your child wear clothing that represents their favorite college.
- Feb. 2, 2017: 2/2/17 is this year’s Take your Son/Daughter to Work day. Your child needs to send in a note prior to the event. As always, it is an EXCUSED absence if you choose to participate. Also, 2/2/17 is our last ½ day of the school year. Students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. unless they are in the aftercare program.